WE ARE OPEN - All of our removals services are running as normal, please get in touch for a removals quote!Removals Services
Over's of Camberley is part of
The Armishaws Group
UK callers: 0800 917 1015
Overseas callers: +44 (0) 1276 600 666

Driving and Transportation in Sweden

Inter city Transportation:
Sweden is home to a very secure, reliable and modern network of public transit. Large and small cities are connected by a series of network rails. You can easily commute between one city to another using the national rail system, SJ or Veolia transport. You can also commute with the inter-city bus company, Swebus.

Swedish regional and inter-regional trains offer a 1st and 2nd class with refreshments and snacks available on board. Some trains also have a family car with a children's play corner.

From Sweden, you can reach Norway, Denmark and Germany by train. Trains depart from Copenhagen to Malmö several times a day using the Öresundståg rail network. The journey takes you over the Öresund bridge and connects both cities within 20 minutes. There are also direct trains from Stockholm to Copenhagen. You can also reach Norway by train with connections between Oslo, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Åre, Trondheim, Östersund, Narvik, Kiruna, and Boden. Lastly, you can reach Berlin from Malmö using the Berlin Night Express train.

Public Transportation in Stockholm:
Stockholm has a very modern and reliable public transit system. The SL system consists of metro lines, commuter trains, trams, and busses. The metro lines operate until 00:30 Sunday through Thursday and operate on a 24 hour basis on Fridays and Saturdays. There is also a night bus on weeknights to take over some of the popular routes.

With the purchase of an SL card, you can ride the metro, commuter train, trams, and buses. You can purchase a monthly pass or a weekly pass at any metro or commuter train station as well as Presbyrån, a local shop.

Note that Gothenburg and Malmö have similar city transporation systems.

Driving in Sweden:
You can drive in Sweden given that you hold an EU or EEA driver's license and you do not need to trade in your licence. Alternatively, you can drive with a non EU driver's license for up to one year. Traffic in Sweden is on the right hand side; however, you may drive a British vehicle given that it is registered.

Swedish roads generally have less traffic than those in the UK, however do expect to encounter traffic jams in larger cities. Motorways are toll free but there is a congestion charge for driving in central Stockholm. It is important to remember that all vehicles must be equipped with winter tires during the winter months. Lastly, as a general rule, seatbelts must be worn by all passengers at all times.

Return to Expats Country Guides page

Over's of Camberley is part of The Armishaws Group,
a nationwide group of removal companies.
(c) 2018 Over's of Camberley.
Privacy & Cookies Policy | Links | Sitemap